- While on the lookout for sweepstakes scams, tipsters and tipsters help consumers learn about the various competitions available. Such contests, be they sweepstakes contests, contests of invention, marketing promotions, or product giveaways, are often based on nothing more than the promotion of some product.
- Consumers also receive mailers offering them these contests, or their access to sweepstakes contests and sweepstakes links everyday. Many times, however, these mailers are heavily hyped and false.
- vernight mailers claiming to be from sweepstakes advertisers are also poor quality. Instead of Gettingcyclical, newsletters offering “secret sweepstakes” are just as likely to be a waste of paper as newsletters claiming to find ways to make money out of everything.
The last category is what I would call legitimate sweepstakes contests.
- These contests have the backing of a legitimate marketing company, or aniversity of companies who are heavily involved in the promotion of contests online. A Google search for terms like ” sweepstakes contests” will turn up thousands of results.
- A contest is a winner-take-all contest in which each entry in the contest counts 100% towards the total prize. In other words, if you are an Enteritier, your entry counts 100% towards the total prize. Online sweepstakes are of course varied in their nature, but this basic concept clearly applies.
Online sweepstakes are also of varied types.
Database sweepstakes allow entrants to upload their entry, initially by entering it manually and later by entering it online. Database sweepstakes also offer significantly better odds of winning because the database entries are automatically sweepable. The Enteritier then selects the database entry that counts towards the total prize, allowing one to enter as many database entries as possible.
- Another likely category of sweepstakes contests online are ones that allow the entrants to select promotional prizes instead of cashortunities. This is an attractive feature because it raises the cost of playing, say a chipco lottery contest, by a small amount. In that kind of example, if a player selects the “Gold Award” text for his or her entry, the odds of winning will be set to 1-in-500,000 instead of 1-in-10,000,000.
- While a lot of online sweepstakes contests may not offer prizes of any kind, many of them offer other types of sweepstakes forms of prizes. Online sweepstakes contests can offer books, DVDs, merchandise, trips, andaudition opportunities. Some allow entry by mail-in entry systems instead of online entry systems. entered by mail-in entry, the entry period lasts for as long as a month or as short as a few days. via mail-in entry, the entry period may be as short as one hour, until the close of entries at that time. Electronic entry is increasingly being accepted at many sweepstakes contests.
Anyone can participate in sweepstakes contests as a sponsor or as a visitor. It could be a great way to get involved and gain money!